Hi and welcome,
My name is Andrew Thompson. I own and operate Reef Studios in Rockhampton, Queensland. I've been working on bodies since 1999 and opened this clinic in 2010.
Many places provide Ladies' Waxing, but what sets Reef apart from everywhere else is that it isn't a beauty salon. I wouldn't know a pedicure if it bit me. 99% of what Reef does is removing unwanted hair. It's a specialty, not just an add-on service.
Also different, is that I understand that people come in all shapes and ages and sizes, and that women in particular, are very self conscious if they don't have the 'perfect' body type.
Ladies' Waxing clients are also self conscious if they have body hair in places that makes them feel 'un-feminine'.
You don't have to worry about that here. With 100,000 treatments under my belt and 30 years working with naked human bodies, there is nothing I haven't seen. I'm not going to judge you in the least.
So yes, Reef Rockhampton is different. It's calm and relaxed and friendly. If a more human experience with a focus on quality is what you're looking for, try Reef.
Prices and FAQ are listed below. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to call on 49267778 or use the online form on the contacts page.
Have a brilliant day.
Body Part Definitions ★ Ladies' Body Waxing
Prices ★ Rockhampton Ladies' Waxing
Ladies Waxing - FacePRICE
Ladies Waxing - Upper BodyPRICE
Ladies Waxing - Lower BodyPRICE
Full Legs & Bikini Combo$75
For Bikini and Brazilian Waxing prices, take this page:
Tips & tricks ★ Rockhampton Ladies' Waxing
- Wear loose fitting clothing to your treatment. If you are receiving a Brazilian Wax, ensure that you wear undies made of cotton so the skin can breathe, or alternatively, wear none. Don't wear silks or satins until the skin has calmed.
- Use a proper after-wax lotion for at least a day after the treatment, and again when regrowth begins to appear. A bottle of Caron After Wax Lotion costs $10 and will last for ages. Extra tip: It's great for after shaving your legs too.
- After a wax, avoid chlorine pools, saunas, the gym, and hot tubs until your skin has calmed down, to minimise the risk of inflammation.
- Sweating will increase the recovery time. If you live near a beach, a swim in salt water is great.
- Avoid colognes and antiperspirants until the skin has calmed down.
- You can also make a saline wash using half a teaspoon of salt in a glass of warm water, and pad it over the area.
- Do not exfoliate the waxed area until it has calmed down completely. Your skin may return to normal quickly or it could take 48-72 hours.
- As regrowth comes through at about the 3 week mark, gently exfoliate each day then follow with Melaleuca lotion.
- Waxing Treatments should be spaced 4 to 6 weeks apart. Your hair should be at least 5mm long for the wax to grip it.
F.A.Q ★ Rockhampton Ladies' Waxing
I'm really hairy all over. I feel like a freak and it's affecting my life.
I can think of twenty regular female clients off the top of my head, who come to me each month to have their breast and back hair removed. My own neice has a hairy back. She did the day she was born, and still has twenty years later. As for facial hair, the truth is that 95% of ladies get it at some point in the lives, some as teenage girls, some as grand-mums, and most after having a baby.
Whatever age you are, or wherever your hair grows, relax - They might not write articles about women's body hair in the glitzy magazines, but you are definitely not unusual.
How much does waxing hurt?
What is a Brazilian Wax?
I'm self conscious about how I look and I'm worried you'll judge me.
What could prevent me having a treatment?
Can you do a waxing outcall to my home?
Can I book a spray tan for after my wax treatment?
Is Waxing Permanent?